Thursday, January 4, 2007

What is it about a 50% off sale

that makes us run to the store....even when we just went shopping at another 50% off sale and we swore we didn't need anything else and we wouldn't buy anything else until we used the stuff we have........................but we still go to the store "just to check things out"?
I read on one of my groups that a LSS was closing................moment of silence for another small business that is going out of business...............................so of course I HAD to run over after work to see what they had.
The store never really was known as a place with a HUGE inventory so I wasn't surprised when I got there and the pickins were slim. They still have alot of stickers but I'm kinda over stickers...not to mention that I still have TONS from when I was into stickers so NO SALE there. There was a fair amount of paper but again...............I have enough paper to open my own store..............so NO SALE there either. The only thing I did manage to find that I "couldn't live without" was some Paper Mache round" containers" and a fair amount of Jolee items or "Specialty" die cut titles. I have my beloved Cricuit but since it can't link letters together yet I got some of the titles for local attractions. I managed to get out of the store with only a $27 ding to my checking account so I felt that was pretty good.
OK, repeat after me.................. I promise to use the items I got and NOT BUY ANYTHING else.......................until the next 50% off coupon.........................so help me scrapbooking queen.
Ali Edwards has challenged her readers to pick ONE WORD that will be their inspiration for the year. Check out her blog (see my list) for more details. I'm going to think about this for a couple days and will announce my pick in a future blog. Feel free to post your pick here but don't be upset if I "borrow" your word. I'm leaning towards HAPPY...(it's partly because it is a private "joke" between my HSS & myself....no, it's NOT dirty....this is a family blog) but I'm not sure if that will be my "final answer".
Till later......................

No comments: