Saturday, January 6, 2007

Saturday thoughts

Where to start? I did go to the community yard sale. Turns out it is held the first Saturday of the month. It only cost $1 to set up! I may have to check that out myself to gt rid of some stuff. I didn't find anything I felt like braking my $20 for so left there and went to the local church thrift stores. Have I mentioned how much I love living in a small town? SO quaint! Still nothing worth making them break my lone Jackson so I headed home. Found a yard sale in my subdivision that had a really cool OLD wooden tray with handle..has little compartments and definitely has some age to it. They only wanted $1 which was KILLER. When I pulled out my $20 I apologized as I hate when people take all your change for a tiny sale. The girl said she didn't have change and for me to "Just take it". WHAT?? Free?? NO, I can't do that..I told her I had a quarter in my car but that was my entire life savings to date. She laughed and said, No, please just take it". OK.........I didn't exactly run to my car but I was very happy with my treasure. I'll have to take a picture later so you can all be impressed with my find.
Next I came on the computer (my HSS got it fixed-YEAH) as I'd had a nightmare that I'd missed the Homestead Exemption deadline for our new house. Nope....started on January 1 and I have until March. That was a relief. I'm still smarting from missing the deadline on the rebate from Direct TV. Don't even get me started on how upset I was over that $100 mistake!
I was happy to see I'd gotten some comments from my "Language issue". Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy..well at least not on this issue. One of the comments was from a blogger that I really enjoy as she tells it like it is. THANKS!!! I also received a comment from someone I don't even know.......how cool is that?? I'm not sure how she found me but it's kinda cool to see my blog being read by someone other than myself. LOL!!
Oh, I almost forgot the MOVIE story. My DS & I went to the clubhouse for movie night. For awhile we were the only ones there. Finally the man in charge showed up and before we knew it there were about 15 kids. I didn't realize that parents were going to just drop & go but they did. Unfortunately there was a kid that was a BRAT. Wouldn't stop talking, bothered other kids, just a BRAT in general. He started at the front of the room and later wandered back to where my DS & I were sitting. He started talking again so I finally told him, in a very stern voice, "SHUT UP! You've been told several times to be quiet and if you don't SHUT UP I'm going to call your mother". He did pipe down but then they interrupted the movie to serve pizza and by the time we got back into the "theater" he'd gotten chatty again. Between him & another little chatty boy, two girls with bells on their sandals that kept moving their feet and the fact that the movie was "HAPPY FEET" my DS asked me if we could leave. I must confess I would have liked to see the end but since I'd had a Large head ache all day I quickly agreed with him and we left. We'll probably try again next month but I already told the "leader" that I'm bring duct tape!
I want to get some scrapping/crafting done today so better get going. I really should get the decorations boxed up as it's Epiphany so I have no more excuses. What ever you do, make it a great day. Or not, your choice...Land of the Free and all...**WINK**
Till next time................

No comments: