Tuesday, January 9, 2007

GATORS WIN

First I must tell you that I have spent the better part of my life "Hating" the Gators. Not sure why except that Steve Spurrier pissed off alot of people years ago so we just "hate" the Gators even though he is no longer their coach. I spent more of those same years cheering for the Seminoles. I still love Bobbie Bowden and hope he lives forever. Now that my DD is attending USF I have become a BULLS fan. They did very well in their second Bowl appearance this year but they are still a very young organization. Against my years of cheering against them, I had to cheer for the Gators last night as they played for the National Championship. I'm sure by now most of you know the outcome. The game wasn't even close. I'm ashamed to say I started falling asleep on the couch before the half time show but I did tell my HSS to wake me up if it turned into a "Boise State" kind of game.
I will now take pride in living in the state of the College Football National Champions as if they were my team all along. Hey, I even wore Orange & Blue yesterday to work and NO ONE NOTICED. Not even my DS dad when I went to his house to pick up our son. He is such a Gator hater that he almost disowned our daughter for suggesting she wanted to attend UF. (thankfully she didn't get in so that solved years of therapy) I did my part for Florida pride. I will give them their moment in the sun. I will return to my usual feelings by the time the season starts this fall.

No comments: