Monday, January 8, 2007

Hail to the KING

Today would have been Elvis' 72 birthday. (OMG!!) I remember where I was when we got the news that he had passed away. (please no discussions on whether he really died or not...I saw Eddie & the Cruisers) I was living in NC and he was scheduled to perform at the local arena that weekend. I didn't have tickets but had seen him at Curtis Hixon (local reference that will only be gotten by people as old as me) when I was a preteen. Strange how I always remember his death anniversary in August (it is close to my own Birth-birthday) and his Birthday because it is close to the birthday of a friend of my mothers. She linked that thought in my mind many years ago. Plus the fact that the KING and my mom are the same age. (oops..she will kill me for that tidbit) Anyway....I couldn't let the day pass without a shout out to the man from Tupelo....or Graceland depending on when you start counting.

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thought about the King today, too...I still remember being in the kitchen of our little apartment in Feudenheim, Germany when the news came on the radio as I washed dishes. So sad...lost Groucho Marx the same week, I believe.

Loretta