Thursday, March 1, 2007

My friends are the best

I have an amazing group of friends. Most of them are younger than me with small children. Alot of them are fortunate enough to be stay at home moms. I on the other hand am old enough to be most of their mothers, my children are almost grown and I have to work. We probably would never have met if it wasn't for our shared love of scrapbooking.

Today several of these amazing women got up at the crack of dawn, to drive across town, to wait in line, to sign up for a scrapbooking event in May. Knowing that I wanted to go and couldn't go to the store for sign up, they offered to sign up for me. One of the gals isn't even going herself. She just offered to wait in line to sign two of us up. HUGE Thanks to Rebecca, Cami and Cari!!!

Next thank you goes to Dawn, for driving across town to deliver a punch I purchased to make my invitations. She has been sick and still isn't feeling 100%. She met me at work so I'd have the punch to use this weekend. THANKS!!!!!!

There are other women I've met through this hobby (obsession) and I'm grateful for their friendship, inspiration, support, encouragement..DEPENDS supplies (Hi Denise!!). I hope they know how much I enjoy knowing them. I hope they are glad to have me for a friend. I'd do anything for them.

Several of these gals are going out of their way to make sure my wedding/reception goes off with the minimum of hitches. They have rearranged their schedules, made sure children are picked up and dinners are served so that they can help make the day special. They are sharing their special talents so that we will have "proof" of the ceremony and memories for a lifetime.

If I haven't thanked you individually, please forgive me. ALL of you are special to me and I really do feel lucky.

I have friends through my job that mean to the world to me too. They have stood by me during the last two years while my HSS and I got back together, bought our house, waited for LONG over due paperwork , planned the wedding ....They have been my rock during times I thought things would never come together. They have never judged me for decisions made to get to this point. They are as happy for me as they can be. THANK YOU!!!!!!


I'm taking the wedding bands to the jewelers today for their 6 month check up/cleaning. When I pulled out the paperwork this morning I noticed the date we paid off the rings....

3/8/06.

WOW.

How ironic/funny is that??


BTW, the smaller size shoes fit the boy good enough. I told him we'll duct tape them to his foot if needed. Now I just have to find HSS a shirt, take his other shirts to the dry cleaners, confirm with his son what he's wearing, talk to my DD about her outfit, print off the ceremony for the notary to practice, loose 50 lbs.......7 days and counting.....ok, Breathe.

Till later....................

3 comments:

just-jessie said...

Of course we support you. (I need the info for my miniseries! LOL)

No, seriously, we all love you and are so glad it's finally happening.

After all, it *is* all about you.

Cami said...

that is so ironic about the ring/date! You definitely are doing so well 7 days out - but don't forget to breathe! :) We love ya!

Lisa said...

You are a wonderful person and deserve to have some help with all the craziness going on around you! lol