Friday, March 9, 2007

WE did it!!!

I'm please and thrilled to announce that after a 30 year delay, my HSS and I are FINALLY married. I wanted to share a quick photo with you. This was taken right after the ceremony with my digital camera. It's not so good but you will get the idea. My friend, Cari, took over 500 pictures by the time the afternoon was over. I'm sure I'll have better ones to share after I get the disc from her.

You can see in the picture how flushed I was. I always get that when I'm excited, nervous, hot...I HATE it but there is nothing I can do so there you are.

Yes, that is stained glass you see in the background and no we aren't in a church. We are in the balcony of our High School. That is a very long story and I'll share it with you in a few days.

We are happy that we got the wedding we wanted and we didn't get arrested or even have cops show up. We did piss off a Drama teacher but he decided that true love can't be denied.

I'm going to get the paperwork filed with the court and take care of alot of name changing today. My new step son is leaving this morning to head back to Georgia so I'm going to sign off now so I can wake him up to say goodbye to his new step brother. The three kids were so cute together yesterday. I wish he lived closer.

Til later................
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cami said...

beautiful picture Cheryl :) so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I always cry at weddings...seeing your pictures today is no exception! How exciting Cheryl! I'm so happy for you. What a great love story! Hmmm...makes me wonder what my own hss is up to these days? lol

just-jessie said...

Yay Cheryl!!!! We are so happy for you guys.

Kip said...

Congratulations!!! You looked beautiful and so does your whole family!

Loretta said...

Congratulations!! Now we're both married to our high school sweethearts. :-) I'm so happy for you--may you have DECADES of wedded bliss!

Love you both!

Jen said...

Congratulations! What a fun and perfect way to tie the knot. This is Dante's mom, Jen. As you could see from our latest post, we also decided to finally do it and got married. Kind of fun to feel all giddy and stuff again, eh?