Monday, March 5, 2007

Three and a wake up



If you have ever been associated with the Military you understand what that means. I can't believe it is Wedding WEEK. As I type, my DS is sniffling. If he gets sick..or makes ME sick this week.........!!!!!!!


I made 32 of these this weekend.
Inside is a Vellum sheet with the invitation to the reception. I punched holes and tied a bow to decorate the sheet. I think they turned out nice. I used my cuttlebug embossing folder and my Sizzix machine for the red sheet. The ribbon was from Joanns. Rubber stamp is Rubber Stampede. Water colored the image. I used the Ticket punch on the edges of the stamped sheet to allow for the brads. Popped up the image to give it some appeal.
I started working on the flowers for the wedding. I got mine & DD's done and half of HSS's. I can't seem to tie a decent bow for his. ARG!! I still need to make two smaller ones for the boys. I was going to work on the center pieces for the reception but I have another week before those are needed.
Made a corporate decision about my dress. Went with the first one I bought. Since it maybe a little cool, it also may be the most practical. It also kept me from having to find a formal slip. Now if I can just find something to wear around my neck.
Found a small cake topper at the local consignment shoppe. Now I just need to confirm with my friend about the cake or get one ordered.
I picked up the rings on Saturday. I put my engagement ring in with my band so it stays nice & shiny. HSS's looks so nice. I broke down and showed him the engraving...darn Desperate Housewives! (anyone that watched the show last night will get the reference.)
Check list:
Take clothes to cleaners
Hem DD's pants
Finish flowers
Confirm with restaurant about Thursday night
Make hair appointment for HSS
Make & keep nail appointment for me
Keep breathing
OK...better run. Three days of work this week and my counter part is out of town. (AGAIN) They agreed to have someone help me as needed. Good thing. I don't need any stress.
Sorry...how rude of me. How was your weekend?? I can't wait to read about "Janes" MCR concert. My sister and several friends had a class with a famous scrapbook artist. Think I'll go read the reviews before I jump into the shower.
Don't forget...the stamps start shipping to Michaels this week. I MUST have them all!!!!
Oh...and the MM Idol is supposed to try again today. Some glitch in the voting last week made them take it off air till today. Gives you a second chance to sign up and VOTE for CAMI!!!!!
Til later.................

2 comments:

Cami said...

your invitations are gorgeous! Where did you finally get the ticket punch?

Cheryl said...

The ticket punch is from Stampin Up. Our friend Dawn got it for me!