Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wedding Cakes & Idol news

I'm working on the small reception we are having this weekend and need a cake. We have pictures of everything you normally take pictures of except us with a cake.

((BTW, if I haven't already thanked my friend CARI for her beautiful pictures..THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!! They are as perfect as the day was...even with the photographicallly challenged subjects!..LOL)))

I went to the local supermarket (after a bakery laughed at me) to see about ordering one. They normally want two weeks notice. Hmmm, how about 4 days?? I just got off the phone with the bakery at the store and they are having someone call me back. All I need is a small cake to take a couple bites of and then feed our guests the rest. It can even be a sheet cake with a small round one stuck on top. No biggie!


American Idol really got started last night with the top 12. The girls are dominating again!! We were disappointed in our boy Chris. Didn't love the NO glasses look or the way he did "Endless Love". I'm still having a hard time with Phil's bald head. Is it me or does he look like a young "Daddy Warbucks"?? Having to close my eyes dude, and that's a shame with those big blue eyes. Some bald heads are nice...yours...not so much. Sorry, being shallow...don't tell me about my own rules.


MM IDOL results......my friend Cami B is now in the top 25! The other lady from Tampa is still in it too but Cami is my GIRL!!!!! I can't wait to see what she comes up with this week. She's not feeling well so I hope she gets better and knocks it out before Sunday. She's supposed to be at my reception and as Jess G knows, it's really All About ME!!! (just kidding Cami-get better!!)

Not alot of chatter yesterday. I hope everyone is feeling ok. New grading period started for DS so he is hopeful his restriction is about over...at least for awhile. I picked up a copy of the "Diary of Anne Frank" for him over the weekend. It's one of my favorite books and I thought he might enjoy it. Then the light bulb hit me and I realized it could be a lesson about what REAL restriction is like. If he reads it, he should never complain about being stuck in his room again. At least that's my hope. He is a 11 year old boy after all...and it's all about him!

Went to the Taste Of Temple Terrace yesterday. Ate my way through 150 vendors. It was nice to run into people I hadn't seen in about 10 years. Reconnected with some old friends. Got to show off the rings!!! LOL.

Have a great Hump day. IDOL results show tonight and something else interesting I'm sure.


OH, yeah..the cost for living on a golf course....priceless....broken window, $180. Wish we were as rich as people assume because of our location. Hey man, it was a builders close out.....we ain't flush if you know what I mean.


Till later..................

3 comments:

Kip said...

You better get used to broken windows living there, lol! Glad Cami made the top 25 too! I'm putting you on my blog as a link like you asked! Thanks for visiting it so much.

Jennifer said...

Good Luck with getting a cake ordered. Out of all your creative & talented friends, none of them have been cake decorators?

I think "The Diary of Anne Frank" is a fantastic book, one of my favorites. (You should read "Night" by Ellie Weisel"..not for Mike yet though) But, Michael is still young so he may not quite understand the Holocaust yet to understand the book. This would be a great way for the two of you to have quality time. If he starts asking questions, bring him to the library and let him pick up some non-fiction books on the holocaust & this would be a good day trip... http://www.flholocaustmuseum.com/ That is one place I want to go when I come down.

SOrry this went on about that. WWII & The Holocaust is one of my favorite things to study.

Love you...BTW Home Owner's should cover that window!

Jenn

Cami said...

I'm TRYING to get over this crud Cheryl! I am still planning on being there on Sunday! :)