Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Product review


Why, you may ask, am I posting a product review 2 days before the big event? Because I made a promise to a company and I uphold my promises. Plus if I didn't do it right now, I might forget and then I'd feel bad later.




Today I'm going to tell you my experience with UHU Glue Roller and Twist and Glue.
I used the twist and glue on a birthday card I made for my (soon to be) MIL. It is a wet glue that has three levels of application..thin line, thicker and then really wide. I'm not crazy about wet glues as a rule but this one went on nice and didn't "bubble up" the paper. It stayed smooth and stuck. (a great thing in a wet glue).


I used the Glue roller to make 32 Wedding reception "cards" (see post below). I used it to glue all elements of the cards together except the raised part of the card (those were actually cheap foam squares from the Target Dollar spot). I'm happy to report that I got all but two of the cards made before I ran out of glue. The glue rubs off easily when you make a mistake but so far I have not had any of them fall apart like happens with so many "roller" products. My only complaint is that it is not refillable though the cost is fairly reasonable. Since it had 39 ft. of product I guess I got alot of mileage out of it.


These glues are available at Michaels (that's the only place I've been to look for them) and are cost comparable with other products. They are in the GLUE section, not in the scrapbooking section so you will have to remember to look for them.


If you are interested in seeing product ideas, check out "Maria's blog" on my list of favorites. The blog isn't updated as regularly as I'd like but they have interesting ideas.


Let me know if you've tried any of these and what your experiences have been.


Till later.................

1 comment:

Cami said...

hmmm, you know - I've seen these products before and always wondered how well they work. Thanks for the review :)