Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TV reviews & stuff

It was pointed out to me that I missed commenting on "24" yesterday. To tell you the truth, I fell asleep. I didn't realize how much I missed until DH tried to let me see the end and we had to keep backing it up...and backing it up..and backing it up some more. We finally determined that I fell asleep with 20 minutes left in the show! My DH said he'd been talking to me about the show and didn't really think to much about my not responding. LOL. I guess for once I wasn't snoring to tip him off.

So, I will now review "24". Can someone cut Jack a break? Good grief. My DH says he's the kiss of death to any woman that he sleeps with but come on....Giving bomb making stuff to a country so they can attack another country? Find another woman or go solo Jack. Seriously, I thought it was interesting how the SECOND the suitcase nukes were found he gets the phone call about Audrey. I wondered what they were going to do with the rest of the "24" hours. Heaven forbid Jack get to sleep!

As for the VP...we should have known things would turn out badly when they hired Powers Booth and the woman that was the Alien on Surface. Nothing good could come of that casting!! I hope little "Ali McBeal- Numbers" guy stands tall (lol) and keeps holding the tape recording over the VP --now Pres- head. Ok, so he may need a chair..you know what I mean.

Now the review you have all been waiting for........AI.

Let me first say, I love Country Music.

I have sung in many a Karaoke bars.

I have sung Bonnie Ratt many times and LOVE "Something to talk about".

If she doesn't SUE Sanjaya and the producers of AI, she is missing a golden opportunity.

OMG!

As soon as I heard what he was going to sing I started screaming at the TV. NO!!!!!!! Then he comes out with the bandanna head and I really started screaming. STOP THE MADNESS. I can't tell if he has decided he is unbeatable or he really is that clueless about what he is doing. The boy is giving William Hung a bad name. He insulted everyone that has ever sung that song in a Karaoke setting.

Please, everyone..forget Don Imus for a moment (don't get me started)...call Al Sharpton, call Larry King, Call Howard Stern....call someone and BEG them to stop their support of Sanjaya. If he stays on the show after last night then the entire show will implode. I seriously think Simon will personally get on the stage and drag the kid off into the abyss.

On a brighter note...Phil S..thanks for taking the stupid cap off. Country music..you did OK. I wonder if he could pull off a cowboy hat? Would he cock it to one side or wear it like he is supposed to?

I felt sorry for Chris. He was very clearly upset by the events in VT but he did an OK job on the Rascal Flatt's song. If Simon had ever listened to RF he'd have know that he sounded almost like the original. They aren't as nasal but close enough. I felt so bad when he almost started crying after Simon's critic of him.

Someone must have said something or Simon actual does have a heart because he tried to back pedal at the end of the show. It didn't come off well but at least he tried.

I'd never heard the song Melinda did but once again...WOW. I sure hope America does the right thing and keeps her in...not another Chris Daughtry incident.

Blake looked uncomfortable but sounded good. I didn't understand the wardrobe choice but he's adorable.

Jordan...wow. She is so good. I don't know if she'll make it to the end but she is going to be Somebody!

Lakisha...hmmmm. I think she was a victim of the "to short a time to sing the song" problem. She needed more time to build her voice and didn't have it. My DH suggested they cut out all the guest talking and use the time to let the kids sing more of the songs.

I asked him if he really wanted to hear the entire 3+ minutes of "Something to talk about"? He started laughing and said.."OH, they may have something by NOT letting them sing the whole song."

Guess we'll see what happens tonight. Can't wait.

My DS has been "Throwing up" since about 5am and I've been waiting to see if he was going to recover enough to go to school. (sorry for the visual this early in the morning) He is still sitting on the floor in the bathroom and it is now 7:30. Should I wait and take him late or let him stay home? Normally I would say it is "Progress report" illness as they go home today but thanks to eSembler we already know his grades and they aren't bad.

He better feel better by tonight..he gets his Orange Belt.

Better go see what's happening. DH just got up and was surprised to see me still here. I've been getting to work by now so better call them and let them know what's happening too.

Hope you all have a super day. Don't forget to hug your kids/family and be a friend to someone. Life is to short.

Til later...............

**PS@ 10:30 am

How on earth could I forget to review HOUSE?? WOWZA. Quite a case. Just goes to prove again that a man & his "little buddy" can cause all kinds of trouble! BTW, the little kid that played the brother is right now the "main kid" on "October Road". He just got hit by a car on OR and then got sick on House. Poor kids gonna get type cast soon.

So who else thinks House likes his boss? Poor Wilson almost embarrassed himself thanks to Houses' joke. Cameron & Chase ..any hope for them? Another great show thanks to the wonderful character that is House. LOVE that show.

Bones is a rerun tonight. What's up with that?? It was a very good episode when originally aired so if you missed it before it's worth a look. Not sure about the rest of my Wed night shows. DH keeps up with them.

HERO's count down..................including today it's 5 days and a wake up!! Can't wait.

OK, before I start charging for my "expert" opinions....go do something.

4 comments:

Cami said...

ahhh, that's better. ;)

Kip said...

I didn't watch any of them as I watched the special on VT and then went to bed...thanks for the recaps!

Jennifer said...

I missed AI last night!!! I went to Americus to visit Josh. I had it on in the hotel room and heard some of Melinda's song. I haven't heard that song before, either. Wonder if I can find it online to watch snipits. Hmm, may go on a search.

BTW, That HAS been an ugly stomach virus going around up here. I sincerely hope Michael doesn't have that! YUCKKK Look on the bright side, at least he is old enough to make it to the toliet now! I am still in the "i'll puke on the floor and Mom cleans it" stage.

Jenn

JulesinParadise said...

I think House has the hots for his boss! and now I can finally post on your blog!