Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Time Flys

I can't believe it is Mid Week already. I can tell this new job is going to keep me busy. I don't even have time to check my mail or post to my blog. I am required to take an hour for lunch now and since that is foreign to me, I'm using some of it to say hello.

Orientation went well yesterday. I found out I do get health benefits, no pre-exhisting or waiting period. I just have to wade through my choices and fill out the paperwork. I have several other forms that need filling out. I turned in my first time sheet which was weird because they do two weeks in advance & I'm used to two weeks behind. I also get up to an hour for lunch so trying to remember to put that down was tricky. I've always eaten at my desk and not put anything down. Yikes!! I also was able to get a parking permit for the lot directly in front of the office. WAHOO. It wasn't cheap but now I don't have to stress about getting to the parking lot earlier enough to catch the shuttle bus to get to work on time. Being able to drive right to the building was so nice. This afternoon when I leave, I can get right into my car and not sit for 20 minutes waiting to catch the shuttle and then take the 8 minute bus ride to the lot.

I'm still behind on my TV watching so I'll be trying to catch up soon. Still haven't seen 24 from this week. I did watch AI last night. How cruel to make those poor kids sing those BeeGee songs. I "liked" the BeeGees back in the day but they do not translate well today and especially for a girl to sing why themselves. I really hope Lakisha is the one to go as I'm not ready to see Blake, Jordin or Melinda kicked off. My DH said he felt like it was a waste of talent and his time as they all did badly due to the material. Should be interesting tonight for the results show.
House was good but I was so tired I fought sleep the entire hour. Dang I hate when I do that.

Tonight, AI results, Bones and another LOST. Man, I better not fall asleep during LOST. Must know what is going on???? Really freaky stuff. I'm looking forward to CSI tomorrow, ER should be good and Greys will be back to normal....seriously.

THANKS for the suggestions about the boy and his "friends" issue. Bribing him may be an idea. I hate to resort to that but at this point, what ever works. Plus we're running out of time before school ends. I felt sad when I drove into the neighborhood last night and saw four boys that looked to be DS's age on the street next to ours, playing football. I wanted to go tell DS to ride his bike over & see if he could join in but I knew he never would.

Better get back to work as my desk is PILED high!

Til later...........

No comments: