Thursday, February 1, 2007

I still have a job

so far.

I attended the meeting last night about health care for un-insured children in Florida. I finally decided to speak & was the 20th out of 21 folks that did. I told the panel of state Senators & Representatives that I worked for CMS and we hear the stories all day long of how the enrollment process stinks. I told them that we are convinced that there is a Trash Can sitting under the FAX machine the people send their applications to. Since the families are told over & over they didn't receive their paperwork & they must resubmit it...what else can it be???

I did also call the Chairperson of the Committee, a State Senator, "Girl friend" when we were talking as we were walking to our cars (You must say "Girl friend" like you are talking to a "Sister" to appreciate how funny or not that comment was) so I may not be out of the woods yet.

OH yeah, the back of my head was on FOX news at 10am when they showed film from the meeting. In another shot, I missed out because I was sitting in the first seat on the front row and they showed the front row but the other side of the aisle from me. Oh well.


If you know anyone that doesn't have or can't afford health care coverage for their children tell them to apply to the Florida Kid Care program (www.floridakidcare.org) . They are talking about giving back 20+ million dollars because they don't have the enrollment numbers to justify the budget. As a person who works in the state system, I KNOW they need the money. Families just need to be aware the program exists and then has the patience to go through the often frustrating application process.

If you apply and are told they do not have your paperwork...................tell them to look in the above mentioned trash can.

Til Later..............

2 comments:

just-jessie said...

Oh sure, tell everyone about FKC and increase my workload.

Seriously I'm dying to know who the "girlfriend" was.

See you manana.

Jennifer said...

I wish that you worked in Ga. We have a program here called PeachCare for Kids...well if our State doesn't approve a very high grant for the program we could lose it. That is what I have the boys on. I pay my 10.00 a month and everything is paid for...if it wasn't for THAT I wouldn't be able to buy the boys hundreds of dollars in asthma medicine. So, by March, my kids may be without anything because we make too much to receive medicaid. Anyways..I could go on and on like usual. But I won't....love ya
Jenn