Friday, January 23, 2009

Power of Prayer

Without going into to much detail, my family has been rocked with news that would appear grim. Cancer has returned to a family member that thought she had overcome the beast. It has returned in areas that make it hard to fight. But she will. We all will fight with her the only way we know how. Prayer. Belief in a purpose we can't understand. Hope, but most importantly faith in our God.

If you do not believe in the power of prayer, I feel more sorry for you than I do for my dear SIL. If you have never seen the power of prayer up close, I suggest you read this and this.

If you do believe in prayer, I ask you to join us in the fight ahead. Please ask everyone you know to join us. There can not be to many people involved in this uphill climb.

While you are praying, please pray for her husband of 35 years and her daughter. They are her rocks.

Loretta, we love you.

Til later..............

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'll be praying!!!

Anonymous said...

I have prayed for Loretta since "knowing" you Cheryl, and I will continue praying fervently that she WILL beat this once again. Loretta, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Please, know that WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Hugs to ALL of you.

Loretta said...

Aww, you guys! You're making me cry! Thank you so much, Cheryl, for requesting prayers for me. And thanks Jennifer and Lisa for joining with us in believing this beast can be beaten again.

Big hugs to all of you!
Love,
Loretta
PS: How's my brother doing with this news?

Denise said...

I am praying for Loretta and for your family as you go through this.

Nicole said...

Prayers to your family through this difficult time.