Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blog award


I've never received a blog award and quite honestly think I may have gotten this one because my friend Melissa needed a 7th person. No matter, I accept the honor.

So here is what I am suppose to do:
Honorees are to list 10 honest things about themselves - and make it interesting, even if we have to dig deep! Second, we are to pass the award on to 7 bloggers we feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

1. I spend way to much time on the computer when I should be doing other things.
2. I am 50 years old but still feel like a little kid. People my age intimidate me-still.
3. I am terrified of anything with a blade. Even the sound freaks me out!
4. I wanted to be a teacher when I was growing up until I realized I had NO PATIENCE.
5. Because of #4, I didn't really ever see myself having children. I'm so glad I got over THAT.
6. Speaking of #5, I'm very sad I never had children with my DH but I'd never trade the ones I have. They are wonderful kids and I love them desperately.
7. I was in Concert Chorus in High School but I'd never try out for AI. I know I don't sing well enough, unlike the tens of thousands of folks we see on the show. Seriously, people-go home!
8. I do not remember large pieces of my childhood. Apparently I have alot of crap to remember and can barely remember the day to day stuff.


What was I talking about?



I kid!

9. I was a victim of Domestic violence in my 20's and it shaped who I am today.
10. I wish I could be a "stay at home" person. I'd never run out of things to do.

Now for my list of people to receive this award. I have many people that I think deserve it because of the honest, straightforward way they write. Unfortunately, they are also so busy I don't want to bother them. Since this is my blog and I can do what I want, I'm only going to nominate one person.
She is the hardest working person I know. She is the best mother EVER; despite overwhelming odds against her, she is a Christian that isn't afraid to admit she isn't perfect, she is the sweetest-most honest person I know.....
My niece Jennifer.


Jenna, thank you for continuing to show me what kind of person I should be. I hope I can be like you when I finally grow up. Love you!
If you read this and would like to use the "List" idea for a post, go for it. You probably deserve the award anyway but don't need the ego stroking like I do. (did you read #2?)
Til later..............

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh WOW! Thank you :) That is so incredibily nice of you, but I almost don't feel like I deserve the kind words.

I have to say, I also wanted to be a teacher [still do for the most part - to teach High School History] but I don't think I could have the patience either. I was also in chours, church choir, and even though my children TELL me to go on AI, I know better! LMAO

I love you!