Wednesday, August 8, 2007

As promised

These are the
"Strawberry carts" I found about a month ago at a yard sale. They are so cute and worked great as planters. These pictures were taken right after I got them set up. I'll add pictures I took a couple days ago to show you how much they have grown...the plants, not the carts..LOL!


First of the two "Thanksgiving" cards I've made so far. I used my Cricuit to cut the card base, including the oval cut out. The Pumpkins in the wagons were hand water colored by me. I'm not happy with the placement of the American Crafts ribbon. I may have to add another piece to the other side of the oval. The paper is from a DCWV (that doesn't look right..Die Cuts with a View..you know..the slabs from JoAnns) that was inked with my cats eye black. I used my "Dial a word" large stamp to spell out "GIVE" and the the word "Thanks" is from one of my Papertreyink sets. Green brads are probably "JoAnns"


The second card was made in much the same manner as the one above. I'm not happy that the word "Give" smeared on the ribbon. I may have to fix that. Paper, brads & ribbon from same makers as above card.



This card was made using "Anna Griffin" paper, Flowers & Jeweled brad that I got from QVC, Stamped sentiment from the $1 stamps at Michaels & ribbon from my "stash".






This card is one of my favorites!! Isn't it yummy? It was made using the Anna Griffin papers, the ribbon is American Craft (I think), Unknown stamp(I'll have to check when I get home) that I hand water colored, MM brads & Cat's Eye Black ink. I even made the envelope using my Anna Griffin templates. It is really pretty in person and I "love myself"...






Last but not least, this is the card I sent to my niece for her boys. The "teacher & chalk board" stamps are from my latest purchase.."My Favorite Things" stamps. They are acrylic and so cute. All of their figures are headless..no idea why. The Alphabet paper is from another DCWV (??) slab. I even used the same paper to make the envelope. I stamped the teacher on white cardstock and then stamped it again on patterned papers. I cut out the pattern paper "Clothes" and glued them to the front of the teacher. I used markers to color her skin & shoes. I cut her hand & wand to stick out from the rest of the paper. Matted the teacher on regular cardstock..did a little doodling around her & inked all the edges. I stamped the chalkboard and then stamped the "Back to School" on top. The School Days ribbon is from Michaels (one of the MINI ribbon spools) & the brads are large MM's.


So there you have it. Some of the stuff that has been taking all my time lately. My DH has been very sweet about the mess in the dining area. You'd think with my own scraproom I wouldn't have to take over another half of the living space but..I did.
Karate tonight
Possible Shuttle Launch. Hope the weather holds out.
MUST start packing for this weekend.
Got the cutest little sewing machine yesterday. Gonna start sewing on my layouts and cards.
Work is piling up so better run. Hope you enjoy the pics. Let me know what you think..good or bad..suggestions for improvements..etc.
Til later.............
PS..5 months today and counting!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good job on those cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards Cheryl! My personal favorites are the long narrow anna griffin one and the school one. What is up with the headless stamps though?! I haven't seen those...
Enjoy the retreat. I'm sure you will! Can't wait to see the pics posted and hear all the details.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards as always Cheryl, you're amazing! Just another day and it's retreat time!

5 months and counting huh?

Dee

Anonymous said...

the cards are great! so for those of us that arent in the know, what is 5 months and counting??