Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boys

One special boy in my life turned 5 today. I don't get to see him very often and he wouldn't know me if he saw me but..I love him dearly and hope he has a super Birthday week. He's having a party this weekend and can't wait to see the pictures.

My other boy..The Boy...has his last day in Middle school tomorrow. How is that possible? I'm so freaked out that he will be in High School next year. YIKES. I can't even deal with that right now. I asked if there was any "graduation ceremony" he said no..he had an award celebration today ..he got a science participation ribbon..so cute. Hopefully his final report card will reflect the grades he claims he will get. He said he thinks he did well on his exams..hope he's right.

They did have some excitement at school for a end of the year memory, they had to lock down the school because of a couple men/boys that had gotten into a fight near by and one of them had a knife and there had possibly been a stabbing at a nearby house....Yikes! The boy was mainly upset because they were locked in the gym for over an hour and it is not air conditioned. Sounds like no fun to me. I'm glad the school acted quickly and protected the kids even though it turned out to be ok. Better safe than sorry. He's at his dads tonight so we won't get to see him for his final day. We made sure to give him ton's of advice before he left.

Til later....................

No comments: