Friday, June 19, 2009

The boy & girl

Short post about my amazing kids. They drive me crazy...the girl more so than the Boy (kidding J, you know I love ya) but they are basically great kids. I wanted to share a couple things I discovered yesterday about them.

Did you know my DD GRADUATES in May'10? ARG!!!! I knew that but yesterday I was talking to someone who's son starts her school in the fall. I said, "My DD will be a Junior this fall.". My DS who was nearby said, NO-she will be a Senior.

!! NO WAY.

I actually had to call her to confirm as I just couldn't rap my head around that. Not sure why but hey, that's me.

WOWZER.

Now for my BOY story. You may want to get tissues.

I'll wait.

Ok....so as mentioned above, I met the step-mom of a school friend of the BOY yesterday (finally..we hadn't met yet and I was starting to worry that the BOY had done something to offend them as he hasn't been invited over lately) and before I could ask she says, "M is welcome here anytime. He is always so polite and well mannered when he is here, There are other boys that I really don't want hanging out over here but M isn't one of them. He can come over any time. As a matter of fact..............

(wait for it)


One day, she continues, he was here and when I asked him a question or called to him, he said...Yes Ma'am? MA'AM??? Says his friend. Yeah, said M. ....if I don't say YES MA'AM my mom will hit me upside the head."


Now before I get angry letters or someone reports me to child welfare, I wouldn't actually hit him upside the head but the fact that he thinks I will and therefore is Polite and respectful.....good!

I was so proud!!!


Til later.......................

No comments: