Saturday, August 23, 2008

15 seconds of fame

Last night at about 11:20 I had my 15 seconds of fame. The little CVS segment aired and I didn't make to big a fool of myself. I didn't announce the airing because I was really afraid I was going to look totally stupid. My friend Carol should be happy with all the air play her Shirt got! LOL.

They should post the segment on the stations website in a couple days. I'll link to it when they do.

The more important thing was my trip today to the local food bank to deliver my "extras". Thanks to my CVS shopping and some Winn Dixie help, I was able to donate: 20 loaves of bread, 25 bottles of Pert, various razors, pain releivers, toothpaste, tooth brushes & 5 Diabetic monitors. I promised them I'd be back in a month with another car load. While I was at WD geting the bread people kept looking at me funny and asking why I had so much bread. I told them about the Food Bank so hopefully they will think about helping out too.

Spending a nice weekend with my two boys, reading some email, watching the Little League World Series, NASCAR & maybe some football.

Good times!

Til later.................

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How awesome!!! I think you are on the right track with your donations. That's awesome, Cheryl. That is so inspiring.