Saturday, September 5, 2009

Working the coupons & Sales

I'd forgotten what a rush it is to do deals!!!

I finally hit Kmart for Double coupon days. I called my coupon supplier (on my way to her house to pick up last weeks inserts) and she was at the local Kmart. She told me not to bother going there as it was cleaned out and what ever was left, she was taking....that made it more of a challenge!

"her" Kmart:

4 HUGE bottles of Pert- $2 off each
4 trial size Degree- .75 off each
4 Sauve Body Wash $1 off each
Fixident $1 off (the cashier couldn't get this coupon to scan. She studied the box then the coupon and told me it was the wrong item. She pointed at the coupon where it said for 1.1 oz and my box was 2 oz. I calmly showed her the NEXT line of the coupon that said, "Or LARGER". She still c/n get it to scan. She said, "I'm going to have to void this item and you will have to go to the service desk to get it to work." I sweetly told her, "No. I've already waited in this line. It's the right product for the coupon. You need to make it work or call your manager over here." She finally went to the service desk, got the manager who came and punched a button to make it go through. GOOD grief. The EASIEST item gave me the biggest trouble!)

$33.90 before Coupons
$8.20 after ($1.26 of tax)
PLUS got $5 off next visit


Next I went to Target. Gave them two, One dollar off, ALL coupons that I had forgotten earlier in the week. Got my $2 and went back to the laundry aisle Got more ALL. (my DH"S favorite)

1st transaction:
2 bottles of ALL $1 off each
5 personal size First Aid kits $1 off each (.97 at Target)

Total $22.83 before coupons
Used $10 GC from last shopping trip
$6.89 after GC & Coupons & tax // got $5 Target card

2nd transaction:
2 bottles of ALL $1 off each
4 personal size First Aid kits $1 off each (.97 at Target)

Total $21.86 before coupons
Used $5 GC from transaction#1
$11.89 after GC & Coupons & tax // got $5 Target card

3rd transaction:
2 bottles of ALL $1 off each
Total $18.89 before coupons
Used $5 GC from transaction#2
$11.89 after GC & Coupons & tax // got $5 Target card

so now my DH has 8 bottles...should last a few days)

Next..went by Winn Dixie and got $4 back for 2-$2 coupons forgot on last trip

During son's Karate ran to my local Kmart for an HOUR power shop.

4 HUGE bottles of Pert- $2 off each (on sale 4.49)
4 Pert for Men $1.50 off each
4 Visine $2 off each
4 trial size Degree- .75 off each
4 Sauve Body Wash $1 off each (sale 2 for $4)
1 Nivia Lip balm $1 off (on sale $1.99)
Milk
Captain Crunch (clearance)

$71 sub Total before coupons
used $5 coupon from earlier trip
$8.74 after (1.67 tax)got another $5 coupon
AND I picked my son up on time!!

Sweet!!!!!~

til later..............

No comments: