Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting back in the groove

Did I mention I rearranged two rooms on Sunday? LOL. Seriously, what an interesting last two days I've had. Being out of work for three months definitely spoiled me. So far it's been all Orientation and getting to know the lay of the office. LOTS to learn. The office is very crowded but is much quieter than you would imagine with that many people. Let me share alittle.....

I didn't sleep well Sunday night. I felt like a little kid getting ready to go to a new school. 6:30 am came really early. I figured I needed at least an hour travel time to be safe so that gave me 45 minutes to get ready. I've got to tell you, it was much easier to jump out of bed, into the shower, get dressed and run out the door back in the days when I didn't care about my appearance. I'm trying to finally be a grown up so that means-new clothes (dressier), makeup, hair dried and jewelry to match the outfit. Takes much more time but I do look good! LOL.

I got to the office right when I wanted to and was surprised to see several other people waiting to start orientation too. By the time it started, there were 15 of us. We learned all about the company, got lots of information and then they fed us lunch. The afternoon was more information, a tour of the office and some other details. Got out at 5 and then ran some errands.

Today was spent learning about the phone system. It is all done through the computer/internet. Very little actual touching of the phone it's self. Pretty cool system from what I could see. This afternoon we were put out on the floor to sit with someone and see exactly what they do. My gal was fairly new herself but really quick on the systems. Unfortunately, quite a few of her calls were in Spanish so I didn't understand what was going on. Tomorrow I'm supposed to sit with someone else and get another prospective. The girl today said we will have several more training classes and alot more side-by-side listening. She said it took about a month before she was put on the floor alone.

The office does have a "community" computer that you can check your private email/banking-etc. With only 30 minutes for lunch and 200 people to share the computer time, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to check things and certainly can't blog or go to facebook. I'll do my best to keep in touch.

How you doing?

Til later......................

1 comment:

Beryl said...

Hey Cheryl! Haven't talked to you for soooo long! Happy new job!